I AM BARBECUE STEVE.
I make things.
This handle is useful as my gmail address, my twitter handle, and my facebook page. LinkedIn is here.
- I make software.
- I work at Big Nerd Ranch writing (mostly) iOS.
- I previously spent eleven years working for Accucast, which was acquired in 2006.
- Here and there I've tried to start a few other businesses.
- Before that I did web work for Delta Air Lines.
- Before there really was much of a web, I was the senior coder of iCE Advertisements. I did a lot of C and Assembly.
- I make hardware.
- I used the pictured oxy blowtorch to build a barbecue smoker trailer with my buddy Jason.
- I built a couple sous-vide water baths following the rough blueprints of the "$75 DIY Sous Vide".
My latest one is built into an Igloo cooler, big enough to do four slabs of ribs, and can run at 90C for days on end.
- I've built lots of little circuits for this and that.
- I put together a radio-controllable full color floodlight.
- I've designed some 3D printed parts.
- I make music.
- I played most of the instruments and did the production on Shabbat Rocks.
- A few of my songs are on here.
- I gave the "Weird Al" treatment to Baby Got Back which can be experienced here.
- I make food.
- Using the sous vide unit, I make killer steaks, eggs, cauliflower, etc., etc.
- I roast our family coffee and some of the coffee for BNR.
- I have a big barbecue smoker that I use for the occasional party. My wife and I are also certified barbecue judges.
- At various points I have made beer, cheese, and other long-term fermented foods.